Virtual Work Experience
As we know, work experience in work place is difficult to arrange this year. Many employers and organisations are offering virtual experiences as an alternative.
We fully recommend you gain as much experience as possible as it:
- Shows you use your time wisely.
- May help you understand whether you are interested in a specific role or not.
- It sets you apart from other applicants.
- May help you network – make contacts for the future.
Potential sources of work experience:
- Learn Live
- The Forage
- Young-professionals (under the members section, you need to create an account or look at Instagram page @youngprouk).
- Careers and Enterprise Company (My Week of Work)
- Ask your careers leader
- Use your family & friend’s network
- Contact ex-students through our alumni on LinkedIn
At a cost
- Investin Education (generally runs in holidays). Used mainly for the professions. Rates depend on the opportunity. Use the code GROUP10 at checkout for a 10% discount.
Also consider taking a free online course to enhance your CV / personal statement and get tips about applying to Higher Education: