“School is the place where all students, whatever their family background, can get unbiased information, advice and guidance on the whole range of career pathways.”
Sir John Holman 2018
At Cressex we recognise that being “work ready” is just as important as the qualifications you hold. Throughout their five years of compulsory education, students at Cressex will be given opportunities to develop and hone their employability skills through a range of events and activities; some internally delivered but many involving our trust partners and local employers.
In line with The Gatsby Benchmarks, Cressex School supports students with:
- Assemblies/ Seminars led by local employers, former students and career experts
- Year 11 Careers Day
- Year 10 Aspirations Day
- Year 10 Living in the wider world
- Year 10 Work Experience
- Year 12/ 13 Work Experience
- Year 8 Options Evening
- Year 7, 8 & 9 Enterprise Passport Days
- Year 9/ 10/ 11 Academic Information Evenings
- Year 6 Mini Enterprise
- Workplace & University visits (Oxford Brookes/ Bucks New University)
- Dedicated Careers Library
- Career insight talks – All of Year 11 are entitled to at least one face to face session with a qualified Connexions Careers Advisor
- Employer visits to lessons
- Support with employability skills
- Mock interviews
- Impartial information on Post 14, 16 and 18 course choices.
For a full listing of our careers programme please see our Summary of Careers Programme.
One way to make your personal statement/ CV stand out is to show that you have studied around your subjects. For example, you could try taking a free online course at FutureLearn. Choose from hundreds of free online courses from top universities and specialist organisations. Browse by subject or start date, to find the right course for you.
Take a look at the following careers website listing to access a huge range of careers advice and information.
In addition, please read the Cressex Policy for Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance.