Welcome from the Headteacher
High educational achievement and a positive attitude to learning are keys to lifetime success. At the Cressex Community School we firmly believe that high achievement for each and every student is our shared responsibility. As a team of staff, we aim to ensure that everyone in the school is able to achieve to her or his full potential and, we hope, to discover new skills and talents too. We want our learners to be happy, confident and to have high aspirations for themselves. When they leave us to move on to the next stage of education, training or employment, we want the young people educated here to be able to play a full role in society as successful, fulfilled citizens.
To achieve these aims we seek:
- to inspire students through a broad, challenging and stimulating curriculum;
- to extend students’ horizons and provide opportunities for students to learn and succeed within and beyond the classroom;
- to build respect for hard work and achievement within an ordered, purposeful environment;
- to ensure that we identify and meet students’ individual needs;
- to help students to become healthy, confident, enterprising and resilient individuals;
- to provide students and their parents with regular feedback on progress in school;
- to teach good behaviour, decency and respect, and to foster a school ethos that embraces diversity while challenging intolerant or anti-social attitudes; and
- to listen to and incorporate the views of students, staff, parents and other partners in plans for improvement.
At Cressex we have an enthusiastic and effective team of staff who work hard to help students learn and succeed. Our governing body takes a close interest in the school and supports us very well. We benefit enormously from a strong partnership with parents/carers and with the wider community.
We look forward to welcoming your child to Cressex and to working closely with you.
Please click on the image below to watch a short film about life at Cressex. Thank you.