Careers Guidance and Advice
At Cressex we are keen to encourage our students to research the careers and opportunities that are available to them so that they can set themselves targets to strive toward.
There are many resources available that provide information, but we have signposted a few websites below that are a good place to start:
- National Careers Service; provides careers advice and information on a wide range of jobs, training course resources and funding: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk
- I Could: has 1000s of career videos of people from 100s of careers: http://icould.com/
- Careers Box: holds the national careers film library and The Skills Explorer: http://www.careersbox.co.uk
- To find out more about apprenticeships and information about vacancies and opportunities visit the apprenticeship website: http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/ or http://amazingapprenticeships.com/
- From apprenticeships to debt-free education, there are literally thousands of other opportunities out there. The Not Going to Uni team are there to help you find apprenticeships, college courses or work experience to start building your future: http://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/
- Explore careers, gain work experience, find opportunities in Buckinghamshire right https://wannabebucks.org/
- https://www.allaboutcareers.com/ information about the job market for students, graduates and school leavers. They also have websites for law careers, finance careers, apprenticeships and school leaver programmes.
- https://www.prospects.ac.uk for graduate jobs, postgraduate study, advice about work experience, internship opportunities and graduate careers.
Access to educational and careers resources at http://www.getting-in.com - including:
- revision materials
- tips on exam technique
- guidance on applying to university
- practical careers tips
- apprenticeship vacancies and information
- deals to help students make the most of their budgets and free time
Start Profile can help, whether you just want to find out a bit more about jobs you might like, don’t have a clue, or you’re desperately looking for entry-level jobs and really concrete next steps. http://www.startprofile.com.