Message to parents and carers, 26th June 2020, from David Hood, Headteacher
Dear Parents/Carers and Students,
I hope you are well and enjoying the current heatwave.
Please read and note the following important messages:
1) Our teaching timetable will be running as normal on Monday 29 June 2020 for all students. Students should ensure they take part in their scheduled lessons.
2) The last teaching day of the term will be Friday 17 July 2020
3) We will be inviting Year 10 students into school for some end of term mini-exams in the last week of term, in English, Maths and Science. A quarter of the year group will come in on each of 13, 14, 15 and 16 July. Students will be told which day they are to attend. The students will take a 1 hour exam in each of the three subjects, with a short break in between. This will be an important opportunity for Year 10s to come back into school and show what they have been able to learn during their time away from school. The process will be done safely, abiding by all of the current guidelines on social distancing and hygiene. All students should make every effort to come in on the date that is identified for them. We will send out more information shortly.
1) Unless Government guidance changes, there will be no in-school provision for students (vulnerable children or children of key workers) during the summer holidays. The Summer holidays now start for students on Monday 20 July.
2) The Free School Voucher Scheme has been extended to cover the summer holidays. We will be ordering vouchers for the families affected in time for the summer holidays. If you think your child may now qualify for free school meals because your circumstances have changed, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
I am sure you will have heard announcements from the Government stating that “all children will be back in school in September”. These announcements have not yet been backed up with any further information or guidance for schools. As soon as we know more and are able to start planning, I will let you know what we intend to do.
With best wishes,