Important Message to New Year 7 Parents and Carers
Dear Parents and Carers,
We hope you are keeping well as we move to the end of this challenging school year and we are very much looking forward to welcoming your child here in September.
As a result of recent Government announcements, we have had to change our plans for the start of term.
In-school COVID testing
We have been asked to offer 2 rounds of in-school COVID testing, using Lateral Flow Devices (LFD), to all students as they return to school in September. To fit this in, the start of term now looks as follows:
Wednesday 1 September 2021 Staff training day (staff only in school)
Thursday 2 September 2021 COVID testing preparation day (staff only in school)
Friday 3 September 2021 COVID testing day 1 (all students able to book in for test 1; no lessons)
Monday 6 September 2021 COVID testing day 2 (all students able to book in for test 2; no lessons)
Tuesday 7 September 2021 Year 7, Year 11 and Sixth Form in school
Wednesday 8 September 2021 Year 7, Year 8, Year 10, Year 11 and Sixth Form in school
Thursday 9 September 2021 All year groups in school
Taking the LFD tests is voluntary. Students are not required to take them, but taking them does help identify people who are infected with COVID but not showing any symptoms, and so keep the school, families and wider community safe. We have already run LFD testing in school back in March and our staff are experienced at putting students at their ease.
In due course we will write to explain how to book a test slot on each of the two dates. Slots will be a maximum of 10 minutes. In signing up for a slot you will also be giving your consent for your child to be tested, if that is what you wish to do.
Following the 2 rounds of in-school testing, students will be able to take home LFD home-testing kits.
COVID - other
While COVID restrictions have been lifted nationally, in school we feel that is right to continue to proceed carefully. Please note the following:
1) If you travel abroad in the summer, please ensure that you comply with all quarantine regulations on your return. Do not send your child to school if you have not completed your quarantine period.
2) If anyone in your family shows COVID symptoms, let the school know, keep your child at home, arrange for PCR tests and follow NHS self-isolation guidance
3) If your child shows COVID symptoms on a day when they are supposed to be coming into school, let the school know, keep your child at home and arrange for a PCR test.
4) If your child tests positive on a home LFD test, let the school know, keep your child at home and arrange for a PCR test.
5) Students will still be encouraged to wear masks in areas of the school where social distancing cannot be maintained and to wash/sanitise their hands regularly.
6) Students should come to school in PE kit on days when they have PE. (Year 7 will not have PE on their first day in school, on Tuesday 7 September.)
7) For the time being we will continue to implement control measures including separate entrances for each year group, separate areas of the atrium and field for each year group and a staggered end to the school day.
I hope all of the above is clear. If you have any questions, please contact us on email@example.com
With best wishes,