COVID 19 Testing - Important
Dear Parents and Carers,
As you know, next week, we are conducting lateral flow tests with students before they return to school.
PLEASE COULD WE ASK PARENTS TO CHECK THEIR PARENT PAY EMAILS FOR TIMINGS/DATES.
1) Students must not come into school for a test if they are showing COVID 19 symptoms. These tests are only to identify people who seem well, but are carrying the Coronavirus.
2) Students should arrive in uniform at the front of the school at the start of their testing period (see above). Parents should remain in their car or off the school premises whilst waiting for their child.
3) For the duration of the testing process students should maintain social distancing, including from each other, and, unless instructed otherwise, they must wear a mask.
4) No food or drink should be consumed during the 30 minutes prior to the test.
5) The trained Testing Team will guide and support students through the process.
6) The lateral flow tests are quick and easy to undertake, using a swab of the throat and nose.
7) Results will be notified by text/email from the online NHS system.
8) Occasionally, there might be a void result, if this is the case we will ask the student to return to school to retake the test.
9) The school will notify parents of a positive test result.
10) If a student tests positive they should self-isolate for 10 days including the day of the test. The family should self-isolate for 14 days. You should follow the guidance from NHS Test and Trace.
This short video shows how self-swabbing works:
Cressex Self Swabbing Video.mp4 When the video has loaded, you will see a black screen. Click on the 'play' button towards the bottom of the screen and this will run the video.
If the student child has had a positive COVID test in the last 90 days, they do not need to take the test in school. If they do take part and test positive, they and their close contacts will have to self-isolate for 10 days. Separately to their testing, if one of their close contacts tests positive, they will still have to isolate for 10 days.
I hope this is all clear, but do please contact us at school (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
With best wishes,