Important message for new Year 7 students, parents and carers, July 2020
Dear new Cressex Year 7 Students/Parents/Carers
I hope you are all keeping well and enjoying the Summer.
Here is a message, with an important attachment, to let you know we are thinking of you and to start to "tune you in" to your start at Cressex in September.
You will already know that, sadly, school isn't going to be the same as normal for some time to come. Attached is the latest draft of our plan for opening safely for everyone in September. Please make the time to read it carefully and to discuss it. At this stage I ask you especially to note the following points:
1. The main aim of the plan is to keep us all as safe as possible, in the school and the wider community, while maintaining a high level of education. Therefore everyone has to comply with our agreed procedures. Anyone stepping out of line is potentially putting others at risk. Students must follow staff’s reasonable instructions at all times.
2. Students will not be able to come into the building before 8.15am. For reasons of health and to avoid traffic congestion, students are encouraged to walk or cycle to school. Parents wishing to meet students at the end of the day must arrange to do so outside of the main gate.
3. Unless they have permission to do otherwise, students must remain in the areas of the school allocated for their year group. These areas will be clearly marked.
4. Students must come to school with the full equipment they need each day. They will not have access to lockers.
5. We will not be handling cash or cheques in school, all payments must be made via ParentPay.
6. This draft represents our latest thinking. We will make sure we inform you of any changes as soon as we can.
We are looking forward to welcoming the different year groups into school as follows:
Thursday 3 September 2020 Year 7, Year 12
Friday 4 September 2020 Year 7, Year 12
Monday 7 September 2020 Year 7, Year 9, Year 11, Year 12
Tuesday 8 September 2020 Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10, Year 11, Year 12
This means that Year 7 students will have two full days when they have the school pretty much to themselves, to get used to the ways of doing things.
Students will only need to bring their school bag and writing equipment (plus a packed lunch if they wish) on Thursday 3 Sept. On that day they will receive their timetable and so find out what lessons they will have each day. They will need to come to school in their PE kit on days when they have PE (not Thurs 3 Sept).
Students will be told which form (tutor group) they are in when they arrive. Later on they will be told which house they are in and given the appropriate tie (if this has been paid for). Students need to come in full school uniform (without a tie) on Thursday 3 Sept.
Finally, we still have some work to do to put out markings and signs in school to make sure everyone gets to the right places. Once this is done, Mrs Hart (Head of Year 7) and I are planning to make a short video to show you what to expect on your first days with us. This will be made available in the week beginning 24 August. I will write again then to let you know how to access it.
If you have any questions about this email, please contact email@example.com.
With very best wishes for a good summer,