Welcome Message for New Year 7 Students, Parents and Carers Joining Us in September 2021
Dear New Cressex Year 7 Students/Parents/Carers,
I hope you are all keeping well and enjoying the last part of your time in primary school.
Here is a message to let you know we are thinking of you and to start to "tune you in" to your start at Cressex in September.
You will already know that, sadly, we are not able to run our normal taster day in July. But we very much hope that there won’t be any problems running the summer school and we are looking forward to meeting lots of you then.
Because of COVID we still need to make some changes to the normal way we do things. These will continue in September.
Please read the following points:
- At the start of the day, students will not be able to come into the building before 8.15am. For reasons of health and to avoid traffic congestion, students are encouraged to walk or cycle to school. Parents wishing to meet students at the end of the day must arrange to do so outside of the main gate.
- Year 7 students enter the building through the door marked Year 7. There will be plenty of staff around to make sure you know where to go.
- Unless they have permission to do otherwise, students must remain in the areas of the school allocated for their year group. These areas will be clearly marked.
- Students must come to school with the full equipment they need each day. They will not have access to lockers.
- We will not be handling cash or cheques in school, all payments must be made via ParentPay.
At the start of the term we are looking forward to welcoming the different year groups into school as follows:
Friday 3 September 2021 COVID testing offered to all students (round 1, NO LESSONS)
Monday 6 September 2021 COVID testing offered to all students (round 2, NO LESSONS)
Tuesday 7 September 2021 Year 7, Year 11 and Sixth Form in school
Wednesday 8 September 2021 Year 7, Year 8, Year 10, Year 11 and Sixth Form in school
Thursday 9 September 2021 All year groups in school
This means that Year 7 students will have a day when they are only in school with one other year group plus a small number of Sixth Form students, to get used to the ways of doing things.
Students will only need to bring their school bag and writing equipment (plus a packed lunch if they wish) on Tuesday 7th September. On that day they will receive their timetable and so find out what lessons they will have each day. They will need to come to school in their PE kit on days when they have PE (not Tuesday 7th September).
Students will be told which form (tutor group) they are in when they arrive. Later on they will be told which house they are in and given the appropriate tie (if this has been paid for). Students need to come in full school uniform (without a tie) on Tuesday 7th September.
If you look at the school website you will lots of information about the school, including a transition workbook, a film and photographs. Please use all these to help you get to know the school better. We are also looking forward to meeting a lot of you at our summer school at the start of the summer holidays.
Finally, I should say that the way the country is dealing with COVID is continuously evolving. All of the above information is correct at the time of writing, however we may need to amend our plans, possibly at short notice. We will let you know of any changes as soon as we can.
If you have any questions about this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
With very best wishes for a good summer,
Mr D Hood