Important Information About September's Open Evening and Visiting The School
We have always welcomed visitors to the school and are pleased to announce the following open event taking place soon.
Tuesday 21st September 2021 - Open Evening 4.00pm - 7.30pm, with a brief introduction by the Headteacher, David Hood.
This year's Open Evening, unfortunately, has been modified because of the current Covid situation and our wish to keep parents, students, staff and the wider community as safe as possible. An official announcement about this year's Open Evening, with firmer details, will be made shortly. In the meantime, we are able to provide the following information:
- Access will be by booking only.
- There will be three sessions of 45 minutes each, with some changeover time built in.
- There will be a maximum of 100 attendees per session (50 x 1 adult and 1 child)
- Visitors will be asked to wear facemasks, use hand sanitiser on the stage in the main hall and then take a seat in the hall. Fifty pairs of chairs will be set up with spaces between the pairs.
- There will be a brief introductory talk by David Hood, Headteacher.
- Attendees will be allowed out of the hall in groups for guided tours by prefects.
- Guided tours will be shorter and less interactive than usual.
- A bell will ring forty five minutes after the start of the session, at which all visitors will be bought to the front of school for departure. This will, unfortunately, bring their session to an end to allow for the safety of others on later tours.
A virtual look round Cressex Community School - video
We have also commissioned a video to give you a very good flavour of life and learning at Cressex Community School.